This brand new and exciting itinerary has been put together by Ignacio Palacios, who will be co-hosting the tour with Ken. The tour will focus on landscape and wildlife photography.
The Kamchatka peninsula is 1,250 kilometre long and connects with the Pacific “Ring of Fire” volcanic chain. It is without doubt the most spectacular region in Russia. This is wilderness at its absolute best, with 29 active volcanoes, more than 400 glaciers and 14,000 rivers.
Here is your chance to observe and photograph nature in all her glory and majesty.
The Kamchatka brown bear is a very large bear – the largest in Eurasia – and stands up to 3 metres tall on its hind legs. You will be able to get up close and personal with these magnificent creatures as they walk, swim and fish nearby. However, there is no need to fear for your safety, as armed rangers will be keeping a close eye on you … and on the bears.
And Kamchatka also has 300 volcanoes – 29 of which are currently active. In fact, 10% of the world’s active volcanoes are located on the Kamchatka peninsula. This will provide you with outstanding landscape opportunities, including the amazing Valley of the Geysers, known as the Pearl of Kamchatka”.
Please Note: This is not a trip for everyone! You must realise that Kamchatka is a wild environment with poor infrastructure. Roads can be pretty rough and weather conditions may affect the itinerary. You need to be prepared to sleep in huts (if they are available) or in tents at both Kuril Lake and Mutnovsky Volcano.
- if your sense of adventure outweighs your fear of the unknown,
- if you are keen for 4 days of truly outstanding close encounters with Kuril Lake brown bears, and
- if the prospect of visiting some active volcanoes thrills you ….
… then you really should reserve your place right away.
During your Avacha Bay scenic boat tour, you may even be blessed with a whale sighting.
No matter what your current photographic skill level is, you are sure to benefit from the combined experience and expertise of Ken and Ignacio. They will both work closely with you to ensure you come home with outstanding images and memories to last a lifetime.
- Accommodation in hotels, huts and tents in Kamchatka with all land content
- All meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinners)
- Transportation (4WD, helicopters)
- All excursions
- All photographic tuition and workshop materials for duration of the tour
- Post processing classes
- Transfers from and to airport
- Provision of camping gear (tents, kitchen equipment, etc)
- Group support services on the route (two guides and two cooks)
- Visa support from our travel agent in Kamchatka
Don’t risk missing out on this brand-new tour with Ken. Act now to secure your place!