In January 2021, you can join Ken Duncan, Ignacio Palacios and a small group of just 10 guests on a visually breath-taking tour of Japan in winter.
Winter in Japan is a magical time – a time of crisp white landscapes, frosted lakes of piercing blue and magnificent snow-capped peaks. And, of course, its your chance to photograph the gorgeous snow monkeys as they frolic in the steaming hot springs. You will step back in time to the land of geishas and tea houses as you wander the narrow streets of Gion. You will photograph the red-crowned cranes of Hokkaido and the snow capped peak of Mt Fuji.
You will receive expert tuition from two multi-award-winning photographers as you shoot alongside Ken and Ignacio. And you will receive feedback on your images along the way, as well as tips and techniques to help you in the post production of your images.
This is Japan at her glistening best. From the neon lights of Tokyo to the rare birds of Hokkaido, from snow monkeys to sacred shrines, the wonders that await you on this adventure are almost too numerous to list.
If you’ve been dreaming of a photographic expedition that leaves you inspired and awe-struck – a tour that not only takes your breath away, but takes you outside of your comfort zone, in comfort – here’s what you’ve been waiting for.
Japan is a proud land of mastery and legend. On this tour, you will walk your own path of mastery, creating legendary memories, and capturing images you’ll share with pride.
Tour Dates: 20th January to 3rd February 2021 (15 days)
Group Size: Exclusively limited to 10 guests
Tour Price: USD$14,490 twin share, with an optional single room supplement of USD$2,990
Deposit: A deposit of $US 2,500 is required to secure your booking.
- All-inclusive 15-day and 14-night your of Japan
- Accommodation in 4-5 star hotels
- All meals throughout the tour
- All excursions and activities
- The best English-speaking guides
- All internal flights and transfers
- Entrance fees to parks and reserves and local taxes
- International Airfares, visas, tips/gratuities, alcohol, personal items.
- Overnight accommodation before and after the expedition
- Travel insurance (which is essential)
- Optional personal activities
- Visit Jigokudani to capture the snow monkeys as they soak in the hot springs.
- Experience the vibrant energy of Tokyo and capture her contrasts of ancient traditions against modern life.
- Capture the regal red-crowned cranes in the wilderness of Hokkaido.
- Photograph the majesty of Mount Fuji from the shores of Motosuko Lake, Oshino Hakkai Village and Chureito Pagoda at sunset.
- Discover some of Japan’s best-kept secret locations for landscape photographers.
- Take home some of Kyoto’s most iconic images, including the Fushimi Inari Shrine, Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, and the Golden Pavilion.
- Shoot the iridescent waters of Biei’s Blue Pond.
- Enjoy one-on-one tuition, guidance and expert advice from multi-award-winning professional photographers, Ken Duncan and Ignacio Palacios.
- Learn expert techniques for landscape photography, travel photography, wildlife photography and portrait photography.
- Receive professional critique sessions of your images throughout the tour.
- Learn game-changing editing tips and techniques with special post-processing workshops throughout the tour.
- Experience the powerful effect of connecting with like-minded photographers and adventure seekers.
If you are interested in this spectacular tour, you should call or email now to secure your place.